Black Bean Soup is great for a light, healthy lunch. Or you can pair it with a Chicken Taco Salad for a tasty dinner (come back next week for that recipe). It’s thick, filling and full of fiber and protein.
This recipe for Black Bean soup is very easy to make. The longest part of the preparation is soaking the black beans overnight and cooking them. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
- 4 cups Black Beans, cooked, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (or to taste)
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- Mexican hot sauce (optional)
- Dice and mince vegetables
- Heat pan over medium heat
- Add grapeseed oil and heat
- Sautee onion until slightly translucent, 1-2 minutes
- Add garlic and jalapeño and sauté for 1-2 minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapeño and water
- Transfer to blender and blend until smooth
- Pour into a sauce pan
- Heat until warm
- Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and hot sauce
Don't forget to come back next week for our Chicken Taco Salad recipe.