The 4th annual Expo Tattoo Uruguay is happening today Oct. 9, tomorrow Oct. 10 and Sunday October 11.
Thank you to everyone who thought of me and told me about this tattoo convention when you heard about it.
We just got back from the 4th Annual Expo Tattoo Uruguay tattoo convention. There are approximately 25-30 artists slinging ink. When we walked in at approx. 3pm this afternoon, almost every booth was buzzing away with people getting tattoos done. The place was packed.
There are some really good artists working this convention… I’m quite impressed. If you want to get a tattoo done or just want to see what a tattoo convention is all about, this would make a great stop. There’s art and piercing there too.
- Be sure to look at the artist’s portfolio; if you don’t feel comfortable with the artist, find a new one.
- If you have an idea of what you want to get, take a picture with you.
- If you want something drawn up, go to the convention and pick an artist to work with, give him a deposit and make an appointment to come back later to get the work done. Don’t expect a tattoo artist to draw something up for you without a deposit.
- Small tattoos with lots of detail look great for about 10 months to a year, then they tend to blur because your skin stretches. If you want a tattoo with a lot of detail, make sure it’s large enough to see the detail.
- If you are going to get a tattoo on your leg, be sure to wear underwear because you’ll probably have to take your pants off.
- If you are getting your 1st tattoo, it won’t be your last tattoo… no matter what you think right now. Try to keep a theme in mind in case you want to expand in the future.
The convention is being held at 18 de Julio 1865. Check out the Expo Tattoo Uruguay website for more information.